Friday, March 19

Whole Wheat Waffles

My husband went out with a friend tonight so I asked Dolphin what he wanted for dinner. He asked for breakfast dinner. Perfect time to experiment, I thought. I pulled out my grandma's cookbook and turned to my favorite waffle recipe. Then I tweaked it, and they turned out great. I hope you enjoy them too. (Sorry no pics, we ate them too fast!)

Whole Wheat Waffles

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon organic sugar, or sucanat
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
2 organic eggs
1 1/2 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted

Mix all together in a bowl. Cook in waffle iron until done.

I was surprised by how well they turned out. They will be a new family favorite.

1 comment:

geri said...

Sounds tasty, and definitely tweaked from the recipe book. I'm pretty sure Grandma used good ol' Arm & Hammer baking soda :)