Monday, November 16

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

My kids love these granola bars. I'm glad, because I can't stand the store-bought kind. Too many ingredients, not very healthy, more like a candy bar. I hope you enjoy them too. I found the recipe original recipe at a life less sweet.

Chewy Granola Bars

3 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup honey
3 tbsp, plus 1 3/4 tsp packed brown sugar
1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp flaxseed meal (I don't have flaxseed, but I have added wheat germ and it still tastes great.)

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease 9x13 pan.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla extract, butter, honey, brown sugar, and flaxseed (if adding). Stir in the chocolate chips and any other additions.

Firmly press into prepared pan. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes and cut into bars.

No comments: