Wednesday, November 18

Almond Butter Chocolate Green Smoothie

In my never-ending quest to get Monkey to eat fruits and vegetables, I have relied on green smoothies. I love them, my kids love them. We found a recipe this week that is so delicious it shouldn't be good for you. It is from simple.healthy.tasty. I have changed the recipe to fit my family. I don't like to use a lot of peanut butter and prefer almond butter.

Almond Butter Chocolate Green Smoothie

2 cups Almond Milk (I have used half almond milk and half water and it still tastes great.)
2 LARGE handfuls of spinach
2 heaping tablespoons of Almond Butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 or 3 frozen bananas
1 tablespoon cocoa powder

Place almond milk and spinach in blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend to desired consistency.

No comments: