Tuesday, October 6

Pizza

I grew up eating my mom's pizza.
Now my kids love it.
It's not gourmet, but it is cheap, easy, and yummy.

Mom's Pizza

Yield: 1 pizza
2 1/4 tsp yeast
3/4 cup warm water
3/4 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tbls melted shortening or oil
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp garlic salt
italian seasoning
mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of choice

Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Add oil, flour, and salt. Stir together, knead a little. Roll to fit pans (grease/flour pans). Mix tomato sauce and seasonings. Spread on dough. Add toppings and cheese. Bake 425 degrees for 18-20 minutes. (I cook it on the lowest rack until the cheese is melted and turning brown.)

2 comments:

geri said...

I know what we're having for dinner Sunday, after the swim and the race we'll deserve this tasty treat!

Dad said...

I really miss that pizza! When da brother gets back we are going to have some!